A letter from Susan Namm Spencer
This year, Bill would have turned 100, and we are proud that his generosity of spirit lives on through the Spencer Fund. Fifteen years ago, we began fundraising to establish the William I. Spencer Fund for Head and Neck Cancer at NYU Langone. Since then, the Spencer Fund has raised more than $2 million to support impressive progress at the Head and Neck Center.
To mark Bill’s centennial, I hope you will join me to make one final gift to the Spencer Fund in his memory. Your gift will strengthen Bill’s legacy and enable the NYU Langone Head and Neck Center to make an even greater difference in the lives of patients and their families facing this terrible disease.
To date, support of friends like you has helped:
- Expand the multidisciplinary team from 8 to 45 physicians, including six full-time surgeons in addition to oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, and additional support staff.
- Increase overall patient volume more than tenfold.
- Introduce cutting-edge procedures and improve patient safety and quality of care.
- Build research and clinical trial capacity to advance personalized medicine and surgical techniques.
- Establish head and neck fellowships to train the next generation of experts.
- Treat underserved populations at Bellevue Hospital and in Haiti, India, and Kenya.
Susan Namm Spencer