Sala Institute for Child and Family Centered Care provides support services and resilience programs, family partnership programs, and safety and quality initiatives that advance the health and well-being of children and families at Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital.
Sala designs, promotes, and funds new programs to support children, families, and staff.
All programs are created through a proven process that includes:
- Engaging with children and their families to understand their physical and emotional needs during times of complex or chronic illness
- Partnering with patients and families to create tools and strategies for addressing those needs
- Sharing the resources and tools at Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital and beyond
In collaboration with frontline healthcare providers, patients, and families, Sala Institute leads the following programs and services:
- Sala Child and Family Support Services and Resilience Programs, including child life, creative arts therapies, integrative behavioral health, integrative medicine, nutrition, pain management, palliative care, social work, and spiritual support
- Sala Family Partnership Programs, which influence patient experience through our Family Advisory Council, Youth Advisory Council, and Patient and Family Faculty Program
- Sala Patient Safety and Quality Programs
The institute’s vision, research, and education fosters child- and family-centered care, an approach to care that brings together expert medical treatment with emotional care for a child and their family.
At Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, we believe the best way to care for children is when patients, families, and healthcare professionals work together as a team. This teamwork creates care that is completely customized for the child.
With your support, you’ll become part of a community helping to advance the practice of child- and family-centered care.
My time working with the Sala Institute really changed me. I want to do for other kids and families what the people from the Sala Institute did for me.